Alpine i902D-G6 High-resolution 9-inch touch screen
Turn your dashboard into a high-end cinematic experience: the highlight of the Alpine i902D-G6 system is the high-resolution 9-inch touch screen – the largest screen for a Volkswagen Golf 6 dashboard to date. In fact, it is more than twice the size than the standard 5-inch RNS 310/315 screen found in most Golf 6. This extra-large size display will amaze you by its brilliant, high-resolution image quality – you must see it to believe it.
Steering Wheel Control Buttons
The Alpine i902D-G6 system is connected to your steering wheel control buttons. This means you do not lose this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine and you will have full control over volume, phone, audio track forward/backwards and many other commands. You can even activate Siri voice control if you have an iPhone connected to the system – right from your steering wheel.
Driver Information Display
The small display in the instrument cluster is also connected to the Alpine i902D-G6 and can display radio station names, song titles and artist information, caller names and much more.
If your car is equipped with original parking sensors, you can continue to use this convenient feature when upgrading to Alpine. The parking sensor system is connected to your Alpine screen, showing a convenient distance display when parking your car. The Alpine X902D-G6/ Alpine i902D-G6 features our 2nd generation parking sensor display with much higher display detail.
Rear View Camera
If your Golf 6 is equipped with the original Volkswagen reversing camera, you can connect it to the Alpine i902D-G6 system (requires 3rd party adapter). The camera activates automatically when reversing.
The Alpine system is compatible with the Golf 6’s electronic system. Vehicle settings and information such as Turbo pressure are displayed on the Alpine 9-inch screen.
Alpine i902D-G6 Compatible with Dynaudio Sound System
The Alpine i902D-G6 Style systems are compatible with the original Golf 6 Dynaudio sound system. All you need is the KWE- DY01G6 interface that allows connection of your Alpine Style unit to the Dynaudio amplifier.
Alpine i902D-G6 Start-up Screen
The Alpine system automatically starts up when the driver unlocks the car with his key. A selectable start-up screen will appear right away for a nice welcome – and by the time all passengers are seated the system is fully booted and ready to use. Alpine offers 4 basic opening screens (Golf, GTI, GTD and R), but it is very easy to create any custom image and upload it to the system.
Air Condition Display
The Alpine i902D-G6 / X902D-G6 gives you visual feedback for the selected temperature of driver and co-driver, AC status, seat heating level, selected air vents and more. This screen will automatically appear for a few seconds when any of the named settings is changed to give the driver feedback.
Wireless Charging Console
A very useful accessory for your Golf 6 is the Wireless Charging Console KCE-G6Qi. This little rubber pad fits perfectly into the Golf 6’s centre console and provides Qi-compatible inductive charging for your wireless charging enabled mobile phone. The KCE-G6Qi works with any Golf 6 regardless of original radio or aftermarket system.
Alpine i902D-G6 Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod touch or iPhone via HDMI to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 9-inch display. Alpine even offers an all-new DVB-T2 tuner (TUE-T220DV) if you like to watch TV programs while you are waiting in traffic jams. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
Alpine i902D-G6 Works with Apple CarPlay
The innovative Alpine i902D-G6 / X902D-G6 with Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine and you are ready to go.
Alpine i902D-G6 Works with Android Auto
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it’s designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they’re needed. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can access the navigation antenna of the Alpine i902D-G6 / X902D-G6 for improved accuracy when using the Navi apps.
Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
Connect Your Smartphone
If you do not want to use Apple CarPlay or you own an iPhone 4 / 4S for example, you can still connect it and use the Alpine audio player to enjoy all your music in your car and charge your phone.
DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio
The built-in DAB/DAB+/DMB tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations.
Optional DVD Player
Upgrade your Alpine Infotainment system with DVD and CD playback capability. The DVE-5300 is 1DIN size and can be custom installed in the glove box or any other place. It uses HDMI technology for stunning image quality and can be fully controlled from the touch screen.
Hi-Res Audio Playback
This Alpine unit can playback audio files in FLAC format – including 24/96 and 24/192 Hi-Res Audio compatibility.
The i902D-G6 / X902D-G6 offers extensive sound adjustment options to get the best out of your Golf sound system and to adjust the sound to your taste and preferences. The built-in Dual 9-band Parametric EQ allows separate adjustment for the front and rear channels with professional detail. If your Golf 6 has an original Dynaudio sound system, you can connect your Alpine system by using the sound system adapter KWE-DY01G6.
10 pre-defined EQ settings allow for fast changing to different sound modes, such as Rock, Pop and Jazz.
Fader and Balance
You can simply use the touch screen to drag the crosshair to the desired location on the car interior image to make fader and balance adjustments.
The digital crossover allows you to adjust cut-off frequencies for your speakers. This ensures a matching sound signal that can be accepted by your speakers without distortion.
Digital Time Correction
Time Correction allows you to virtually adjust the distance of each speaker by delaying the signals of speakers closest to you. This gives the impression of listening from a central position.
Alpine i902D-G6 Online Navigation
Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto feature good navigation apps that can be displayed and controlled on the Alpine i902D-G6 9-inch display. This is especially interesting for drivers that need navigation only occasionally and can go without advanced functions such as Highway Mode and others. When using these navigation apps internationally outside your country, please note that data roaming costs will occur.
Direct Online Navigation Access
The Alpine i902D-G6 has a large navigation button on the right key area. When pushed, the Alpine system automatically opens the navigation app – this works both with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
GPS and Glonass Compatible
More satellites equal higher navigation accuracy and a faster positioning fix. This Alpine product is compatible with GPS satellite signals and can also receive positioning data from Glonass satellites. This brings big advantages especially in an urban environment with many tall buildings and when driving next to high mountains. Both Apple CarPlay and Glonass navigation apps can access the navigation antenna for highest accuracy.
Alpine i902D-G6 Online Navigation with Apple CarPlay
When you’re driving, Maps helps you find the way to your destination with turn-by-turn spoken directions and new, easier-to-read visuals. When a turn is coming up, the view zooms in to show you exactly where to go. Along the way, large signs and arrows guide you in the right direction and let you know how long it’s going to take to get there. Looking for a gas station, restaurant, or coffee shop along your route? New buttons on the navigation screen help you quickly find the closest places and estimate how much time the detour will add to your trip. If you push the navigation hard-key on your Alpine unit twice, you active Apple CarPlay navigation without going through many menu points.
Alpine i902D-G6 Online Navigation with Android Auto
Let Google Maps lead the way. It’s easy to get where you’re going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Whether on your phone screen or on your car display, Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it’s designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. The i902D-G6 works seamlessly with Android Auto and Google maps. Android Auto can even access the Alpine navigation antenna for highest positioning accuracy.
Alpine i902D-G6 FEATURES
- Memory Pre-sets (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Pre-set: 18 Pre-set Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Pre-set Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: compatible with all models except 1st and 2nd generation iPhone
- Connection: KCU-461iV / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music & Video Playback Compatible with KCU-461iV only
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Works with Apple CarPlay (requires CarPlay enabled iPhone)
- Works with Android Auto (Requires Android Auto enabled smartphone)
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC compatible
- Video Playback: MP4 compatible
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 2 V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 9′′ Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favourites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (2 V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer) KTX-PRE1 Required (Sold separately)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input (3.5mm micro jack)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- OEM Sub-display Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras / compatible with original camera
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rear-view Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Original Golf 6 hands-free Microphone Connection
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- CAN Connection Interface Included
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and CAN bus interface for complete installation.
Alpine i902D-G6 SPECIFICATIONS
- Screen Size: 9 inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)