Alpine is proud to announce the introduction of the new Alpine R-W12D2 Subwoofer lineup that is built off the highly esteemed Type R platform. With select key design and build improvements, the R-Series Subwoofer is able to output more of that deep bass extension and control that the Type-R is known for.
Alpine R-W12D2 - The next evolution of proven performance
The new R-Series subwoofers take a great platform to the next level. Although the R-Series subwoofers are new for 2017, they actually come from an impressive Alpine lineage – the Type-R subwoofers. Type-R subwoofers have been known for their power handling, clean output and deep bass excursion at a mid-line price. Using the highly successful Type-R subwoofers as a foundation, we applied various performance and hardware improvements to the design, essentially transforming them into the new R-Series subwoofers – The Next Evolution of Proven Performance.
Stronger Cone Assembly
R-Series subwoofers feature a Kevlar-treated cone for durability. The combination of this cone with the Santoprene surround allows the subwoofer to deliver 19mm of X-max, for incredible, hard-hitting bass. A new method of attaching the spider and cone to the voice coil ensures not only rigidity throughout the motor structure but contributes to the subwoofers increased accuracy.
More Rigid Dust Cap
Talc, a common mineral used in products such as baby powder and paint, has been found to have incredible damping properties while being less dense than the traditional Mica filler used in dust caps. By adding a calculated amount of talc to the mica polypropylene in the dust cap, we were able to increase vibration absorption of the cap while lowering the density. The resulting lighter dust cap contributes to a faster attack and a more accurate reproduction of low frequencies.
New Power Rating
All four R-Series subwoofers are rated at 750W RMS. These subwoofers are a perfect match for the PDR-M65 Mono Power Density Amplifier, to create a system that works efficiently together. There are four models of R-Series subwoofers: the R-W12D4 12-inch Dual 4 Ohm, R-W12D2 12-inch Dual 2 Ohm, R-W10D4 10-Inch Dual 4 Ohm, and R-W10D2 10-Inch Dual 2 Ohm.
Alpine R-W12D2 – Features
- Material: Oversized Hairline-Textured Mica Poly Dustcap w /
Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Paper Cone Body
- Design: 2-Piece Parabolic
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene®
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll H.A.M.R Surround Design (Patent Pending)
- Material: Conex®
- Design: 10 Segment High-Roll Progressive Design
- Material: 180ºC High Temp Wire on Sprial-Cut Aluminum Bobbin
- Design: 4-Layer Dual Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA Optimized Design w/ Compound Radius Pole Geometry
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System (Patent #7,634,101)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Perimeter Vented Heat Transfer (Patent Pending), Integrated Shorting Sleeve and Airflow Management System
- Layout: One Sided
- Design: Heavy Duty 8 gauge Push with Housing, Banana Plug Jumper
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration (Patent #6,810,988)
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
Alpine R-W12D2 – SPECIFICATIONS
- RMS Power Handling: 750W
- Peak Power Handling: 2250W
- Mounting Depth: 162mm
- Mounting Diameter: 275mm
- Displacement: 0.10 cu. Ft.
- Added Volume: 0.09 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 24Hz – 200Hz