BlackVue B124X Description
Introducing the BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery B124X, capable of powering a BlackVue dash cam in Parking Mode for extended periods of time without the need to ever draw power from the vehicle’s battery. The BlackVue B124X is an advanced mobile power source that charges when the vehicle is running and provides continuous 12v or 24v power when parked overnight. When the vehicle’s ignition is switched off and the car is unattended, the BlackVue dash cam will automatically enter Parking Mode, monitoring events and only recording footage when triggered by motion or impact. The BlackvUE B124X uses LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) technology and can withstand extreme temperatures, go through more charge cycles, and is more environmentally friendly than a traditional Lithium-ion battery.
BlackVue B124X Features
PLUG & PLAY OR HARDWIRE
The B-124X reaches a full charge in just 40 minutes when hardwired and 80 minutes when connected to the vehicle’s cigarette lighter socket.
The B-124X can be hardwired to the vehicle for faster charging, or simply plug & play by connecting to the cigarette lighter socket.
EXTENDED DASH CAM OPERATION
The B-124X will power a single channel BlackVue dash cam for over 24 hours of constant recording. In real-world situations where the dash cam is only recording periodically, the operation time will be measured in days rather than hours.
B-124X supports 12v and 24v electrical systems, making it compatible with both cars and commercial vehicles.
BATTERY MANAGER APP
The BlackVue Battery Manager app for iOS & Android is available free-of-charge, allowing the user to view important information such as the charge percentage, charging voltage, and time remaining until full charge.
5V USB OUTPUT
Charge accessories such as a smartphones, tablets or Wi-Fi hotspot device from the B-124X’s 5V USB output.
Expand the B-124X by adding the B-124E expansion battery, doubling the recording time. Multiple expansion batteries can be added in sequence to provide even larger battery capacity where required.
BlackVue B124X Specifications
• Battery Cell Type : LiFePo4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate)
• Colour / Size / Weight : Black / 157mm (W) x 171mm (L) x 39.5mm (H) / 1.4kg
• Input Voltage / Current :
– Cigarette lighter plug: 12V – 17V / 6.5A (max)
– Hardwired: 12V – 17V / 13.5A (max)
– Cigarette lighter plug: 13V – 30V / 3.4A (max)
– Hardwired: 23V – 30V / 7.1A (max)
• Charging Voltage / Current :
– Cigarette lighter plug: 14.2V / 5A
– Hardwired: 14.2V / 9A
• Charging Time :
– Cigarette lighter plug (standard 5A charging): Approx. 80 mins
– Hardwired (rapid 9A charging): Approx. 40 mins
• Hours of Use : Up to 25 hours 35 mins (based on a single dashcam that consumes 3Wh)
• Operating Temperature:
– Charging Temperature: 0° − 45°C (32° − 113°F)
– Discharging Temperature: -10° − 60°C (14°F − 140°F)
– Storage Temperature: -20° − 45°C (-4°F − 113°F)
• High Temperature Cut-Off : Approx. 80°C (176°F)
• Capacity : 12.8V / 6,000mAh / 76.8Wh
• Output Voltage / Current :
Dashcam port: 11V – 14.5 V / 2A (max)
USB port: 4.75V – 5.25V / 2A (max)